Confidence is based on evidence of past success.
I believe I read this in a running magazine, and I believe it is the truth. It's true for me today as my muscles are complaining about my re-entry into running after several over-booked weeks away from it. But knowing that I've started before with less makes me feel like it's not impossible to start over again. I know enough to start small, not to push myself so hard I hate it, and that the most important thing is just getting out there, and letting momentum do the rest.
I feel this way about teaching, too. More confident, that is. Besides basking in the cuddliness of my niece-y and nephew, I'm also trying to use this time to, if I may use a disgustingly over-used buzzword, "reflect."
More on that later, because it sounds like my niece-y needs some cuddling!
No comments:
Post a Comment