I have been wearing the bull head earrings I bought at a rodeo in Montana this summer as a reminder to grab this year by the horns, or, as I've been saying with my frolleagues (friends + colleagues, get it?!), I'm going to punch this year in the face! In a good way... like, you know, huge impact...
Nothing earth-shattering at the meeting. The part where they talked about the new tenure policy made my stomach hurt. The best part was when Principal P. heroically squashed a killer cockroach that scuttled by, as his usually stoic harem of Assistant Principals squealed and twitched in anguish! Also, they played a video, which I would like to share with you, of an adorable kid named Dalton who will get any educator at least a little pumped up for the coming school year:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAMLOnSNwzA
So one more day until the kids arrive. By 4:30pm today I was viscerally reminded of what it feels like to work a full day. Better get used to it, quick
Thank you for the Dalton video link! He's amazing. I'm going to pass it on to people in my District - I don't think anyone has heard it, and I think they should.
ReplyDeleteHow does a little kid like that have the cajones to speak like that in front of 20,000 teachers??? AJ