In an unprecedented stroke of well-timed bad weather, New York City Public Schools saw their second snow day of the winter - and on a Friday!! When I heard my phone "bling" at 5:30 in the morning, I knew it would be from Rosie, and I knew there was only one thing that text could say...
I feel at least partially responsible for our bonus three-day weekend because I made a bargain with the snow gods as I was leaving my thesis class Thursday night that if we received another snow day I promised to actually do some work on my Thesis. (And I know those snow gods want me to succeed.)
I did technically keep up my end of the bargain, though the deal was sweetened by the fact that I did it while simultaneously eating baked goods and homemade soup and spiked apple cider at Jafa and King's house... (Buuut not before I spent several hours in bed watching episodes of The Office on Hulu... I figured that was what Mayor Bloomberg and Chancellor Klein intended when they gave us the snow day, and who am I to go against their wishes?)
Also, the unanticipated day off was a nice reminder that, as invincible and all-powerful and unstoppable as the Great Bureaucracy sometimes seems, Mother Nature can still force everything to grind to a halt long enough for everyone to remember that she's still the boss.
No comments:
Post a Comment