Tuesday, June 8, 2010

next?

The thing that's different about teaching from other jobs is how cyclical it is. There are distinct starting points and end points, and every year there is an opportunity to reinvent yourself.

I keep thinking, "What's next?" There's the cruise then carnival then half day then International Day then graduation... then what?

Then a long delicious expanse of getting to be someone else for a while. And by someone else, I mean me, unfettered by my responsibilities, my 28 ball and chains. I get to be *not* Ms. D for a while. And I think that break will do me good.

The Organization Sheet came out yesterday... Next year I'll be teaching the same grade in the same room, which is great for me because I don't have to pack up my entire classroom and move it down the hall, which I've had to do the past two years now. Only difference is the big bold "Vacancy" next t room 317 where Corky would've been. That and, my roster will be up to 32 kids. Don't even know where I will fit four extra bodies!

No comments:

Post a Comment