Sunday, February 7, 2010

Dear N

Dear N--,

I feel terrible about everything that happened last week, especially the way things ended up. If I had more control over the situation it would have ended very differently. I know this must be very difficult for you, especially not having the chance to say good-bye to anyone properly.

But I also know that you are strong and smart and resilient, and I know you will be able to bounce back. Sometimes bad things happen, sometimes the world seems very cold and unfair and unforgiving. But the way we react to the bad things that happen to us defines the way our lives will be: will it be full of anger and pain, or will it be full of learning, growth, and forgiveness? Being able to forgive yourself and forgive others and move on from painful things is very hard, but it's really important for living a happy life. You didn't have a choice about being sent to another school, but you do have a choice about what you do with that opportunity.

N--, you are still a part of our family and you always will be. The whole class misses you, especially me. But I know wherever you go and whatever you do, you'll be all right. You have a good heart and a good head on your shoulders. With that combination you can achieve anything. Please don't let this setback stand in the way of the incredible person that you are on your way to becoming.

Love,

Ms D.

1 comment:

  1. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!! This made me cry (again).

    ReplyDelete